NewsCopier Pro Forums
Support ::
User Forums
Free Newsletter
Translate this Page ::
*Fast Translation
FreeTranslation.com
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Copy from internal browser after authentication?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Arbo View Drop Down

Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copy from internal browser after authentication?
    Posted: February 07 2010 at 6:10pm
I just downloaded Web Copier to see if it can solve one specific problem I have, and I can't figure out yet if it can.

My daughter is enrolled in an online course while we travel (http://roads.advancedacademics.com/SingleSignonWeb/index.aspx) and I want to be able to make an offline copy of the course content so that she can read the material while away from any internet connections. I thought that I would be able to log in via the WebCopier internal browser and then launch a crawl from that context (which, while now showing the specific course content I am interested in, is still the same URL as above - in other words, the site is highly dynamic, changing the content within the page wiothout ever changing the URL in the address bar from the above). However I can't find out how to get WebCopier to start with the current content in the browser, as it seems to start anew (i.e. fetch a new copy of the URL, which simply returns the login screen). Adding the username and password doesn't seem to help at all.

Is there anyu way to define a project as starting with the exact HTML content (and context in terms of cookies) that is currently in the internal browser view?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kirill View Drop Down
Support Team
Support Team

Quote Kirill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 7:50pm

FYI, many online courses either prohibit offline browsing, or make it very difficult. Please check their site to make sure that you don’t violate course Terms of usage.

If there is no violation, I’d suggest two approaches:

• Fully automated.
    It’s exactly what you did
     - Use Integrated browser to login,
     - Open "Project Settings / Advanced / Download” window and uncheck option "Check if the file exists in cache".
     - In "Project Settings / Advanced / Other" window change Agent Identification to IE.
     - Start the Download.
  • Semi-automated.
     - Use WebCopier Integrated browser to go thru the course website, and
     - Press "Record Pages You Browse" button (on the browser toolbar, on the left from the URL field) every time you jump to a new page.
     - When you’ll do that for the first time, WebCopier will ask if you want to create a new project, or add files to existing one. It’s really up to you, but having brand new project may be better.

Also, it seems that this website uses Microsoft Silverlight technology, which makes crawling this site more difficult.

Kirill K.
MaximumSoft Corp. Support Team
jakky11 View Drop Down

Quote jakky11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2013 at 1:55am
To install a certificate from your phone's internal storage After a certificate is installed successfully the copy in storage is deleted .

Double glazing Huddersfield

Edited by jakky11 - January 29 2013 at 1:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply