How to use existing Word, Excel or PDF forms
Joined: October 01 2003
Location: United States
Topic: How to use existing Word, Excel or PDF forms
Posted: April 17 2011 at 10:55pm
Before forms can be used with Forms-2-Go app, they need to be converted into HTML format.
Solution #1 – Do It By Yourself
Step 1 – Convert existing form into HTML format
- If you have Word (or Excel) form, open it in Microsoft Word (or Microsoft Excel), and Save it as "Web page (*.htm, *.html)" file with ".html" extension.
- If you have PDF form, open it with Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader), and Save it as "HTML Web Page" file with ".html" extension.
Step 2 – Examine saved HTML file
- Make sure that HTML form layout corresponds to your original form;
- The Forms-2-Go app supports the following controls within HTML forms:
Text (<input id=" some_id_1" type="text" />)
Checkboxes (<input id="some_id_2" type="checkbox" >)
Radio buttons (<input id="some_id_3" type="radio" >)
Text areas (<textarea id=" some_id_4">)
- Make sure that each control (text field, checkbox, radio button or text area) has unique (within the form) "id";
- If the form uses images (like logos), please makes sure that these images are embedded inside the form (and not stored as separate files) by using Data URI scheme
- If needed, make required changes in HTML file;
- Make sure that file has ".html" extension.
Step 3 – Package HTML form for Forms-2-Go app
- Please follow this post instructions
Solution #2 – Use Professional Help
We can do all conversion and packaging steps for you, for a reasonable fee.
Please contact our Sales Team for more information.
Edited by administrator - April 18 2011 at 11:24am
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Copyright © 1999- MaximumSoft Corp.
All Rights Reserved.