Projects management window
Projects window provides fast and easy access to all your projects.
It helps to perform the following operations:
- Manage projects
- You don't need to Add projects to the tree, the program does it for you.
Every time you open or create a new project that doesn't exist on the Projects tree, it will be added to it.
The project will be placed into currently opened folder on the tree.
- Currently opened project has its title shown in bold.
- You can open a project either by using the corresponding menu and toolbar button, or if you double click on it,
press Enter button or open Project Settings dialog.
- Also, a project will be opened by selecting the project on the Projects tree and clicking on Contents or
Log File tab.
- Related projects can be grouped under nested sub-folders. To create a sub-folder select its parent folder,
right click on the tree and choose "New / Folder".
- Projects and Folders can be moved by drag-and-drop. In case of folder, all its projects will be moved as well.
- To Delete a project you can use "File / Delete Project" menu or right click on it and choose "Delete / Project".
- To Delete a folder please use "Project / Delete Folder/Link" menu or right click on the folder and
choose "Delete / Folder". If you delete a folder that contains projects, the projects will be removed from
the tree but won't be deleted from your disk.
- To rename a folder right click on it, choose "Properties", check "Change Properties", change the folder title,
and press "Close".
- The Projects window support full range of Clipboard commands. You can use Clipboard to make copies of projects,
create new projects based on URLs stored in Clipboard, remove projects from the tree.
- Download multiple projects at once
You can select multiple projects (hold down Ctrl or Shift keys while selecting them with the left mouse button),
start download and the program will process them one after another
- Check each project status
Depending on the Project state, it could have one of the following icons:
- the Project has not been downloaded yet.
- the Project is downloading.
- the Project was completely downloaded.
- the Project download is suspended.
- the Project download was stopped by a user.
- there was a problem while downloading the Project.
Enhanced Integrated browser
WebCopier Pro provides powerful and customizable Integrated browser.
To access its settings please open "WebCopier Options / Pro Settings" window.
Here you'll find a rich set of options to control pop-up windows.
These errors can be caused by flaws in website coding, or when site scripts can't work correctly offline.
Ignore - the browser doesn't perform any blocking on pop-up windows.
Show in main browser window, if same domain - the browser will show a pop-up window content
in its main window, if the pop-up window belongs to the same domain as the original website.
Otherwise, it will block pop-up window.
Block - the browser blocks all pup-up windows.
Now you can choose between standard parser and a brand-new professional parser that
has the following advantages:
The only one Disadvantage:
Improved HTML forms submission.
It can convert links on-fly during parsing to eliminate after download links conversion.
The parsers settings can be changed on "Project Settings / Pro settings" window.
the default one. Switch to Professional parser only when you see that a website canít be processed correctly
by the Standard parser.
Large sites downloads
This product is designed to be able download very large websites by speeding-up the following processes:
Better internal links indexing.
Faster resuming downloads.
More flexible links conversion.
Project Export in multiple formats
The program can export project data in multiple formats (in addition to ZIP format supported by
WebCopier for Windows):
MHT web archive.
CHM file (requires installation of a free copy of Microsoft HTML Help Workshop).
Can copy all downloaded files into Microsoft Internet Explorer cache directory.
Can export information about downloaded files (URL, file name, file date etc.) into a Text file
(in comma or tab separated format).
Automatic project export
User can choose to export project data automatically right after project download has been completed.
Recursive download method
A new Recursive method has been added to existing Balanced download method.
Instead of downloading a web site level-by-level, the new methods perform downloads branch-by-branch.
This approach can be useful when you download a large site with pictures located several levels deep in
different branches or external sites, and you want to retrieve first pictures as soon, as possible.